Thursday, December 9, 2010

saying "Merry Christmas!" with a movie

We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: 
candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup. 
-Buddy the Elf


Due to a pup's mishap, trip to the doggy hospital, and recovery I have not had the chance to blog recently.  However, due to lots of time working from home I have started watching Christmas movies; an essential part of getting in the holiday spirit.  My husband graciously watches them with me, a few are actually some of his favorite movies too.  Here's a list of the movies I can't help, but love during the Christmas season.
  1. It's A Wonderful Life
  2. White Christmas
  3. Miracle on 34th Street
  4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  5. The Muppet Christmas Carol
  6. Home Alone 1 & 2
  7. A Charlie Brown Christmas
  8. Christmas In Connecticut
  9. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  10. The Christmas Classic Series: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, The Little Drummer Boy, Frosty the Snowman, & Santa Clause Is Coming to Town
  11. Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation
  12. The Polar Express
  13. Love Actually
  14. Elf
  15. The Santa Clause
Keep in mind this is in no particular order, I would never be able to decide which I liked more than the others.  All have a different place in my heart.



The first three on the list are family favorites.  All generations love watching these classic movies and I love sitting around the fire in the family room laughing & crying together while watching these movies.



I can't help, but love both Home Alone movies.  My brother would have pulled the same mischeivious tricks if he was left alone!



4, 5, 9, 10 & 12 are just delightful movies, many of which I remember watching at Grandmama & Opa's house during dessert on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  



We preferred the songs and dancing in these movies over the boring conversations the grown-ups were having.



We never really watched Charlie Brown Christmas as kids, but it reminds me of my Aunt K-K & Uncle Bob.  I am sure they watched this with my cousins Tiffany & Kim when they were kids.



Christmas Vacation is a Schneider family favorite, especially because it's so much more fun to watch those kinds of Christmas disasters than live them.  I think the closest we've come is when the dogs ate through the middle of the roast beef while we were out of the kitchen.



Christmas In Connecticut & Love Actually are the sappy movies I adore this time of the year.  Especially when my husband cuddles up next to me on the couch.  The first of the two is a black & white movie my Aunt Tracy gave me.  It is at the top of my list even though it one of my newest favorites.



There isn't much that needs to be said for Elf.  It is not only hilarious, but reminds me how much a part of me today the child I used to be is.  I love Santa, Christmas, and even the North Pole as much as I did when I was young.



Tim Allen's performance in The Santa Clause is pretty close to genius and I think of all the movies on the list this is the one I watched the most.  I have always wanted to have some of that yummy hot chocolate he gets at the North Pole though.

So there's my list.  I certainly love Christmas and the movie-part is an essential one to help with Christmas spirit.  So I hope you all bundle up next to the fire this week with a hot cup of cocoa and enjoy a Christmas classic or two!

1 comment:

  1. You seem like a Christmas fiend!!! I was never that into Christmas. I am more of a Halloween girl..but you sound like you've been ready for Santa to come since September! Hope all is well doll.

    ReplyDelete